Calling all food fanatics, drinks devotees, cuisine queens, gourmands and gastronomes!
Taste, the International Culinary Festival,best described by many as an unforgettable experience of foodie and restaurant heaven, has announced their first Port Elizabeth based event, Taste of PE, to take place at the Boardwalk Entertainment Complex from 6th – 8th of November 2015.
Port Elizabeth will join a global list of spectacular Taste Festival cities that stretch from Sydney to Mumbai, a phenomenon of unique events at which the host city’s most acclaimed restaurants and chefs gather in a stunning venue to present their signature dishes to thousands of ‘foodie’ visitors. The experience, cuisine and atmosphere of each festival is totally unique to the city in which it is held. Taste of London launched first in 2004 with other major cities across the world following suit including Joburg in 2007, with Durban and Cape Town in quick succession. The festivals have set a new benchmark for food and drinks worldwide with 25 Taste Festivals now hosted around the world.
Six of PE’s top restaurants and a selection of hand-picked gourmet food producer’s will create a host of dishes to tickle visitor’s taste buds. A wide range of exhibitors, craft brewers, artisan producers, premium drink brands and award-winning wineries will provide a bounty of the country’s finest food and drink on offer, ensuring that one can sample and shop for a range of produce in the laid back atmosphere of a boutique food market.
“We have gone out of our way to represent the culinary delights of the Eastern Cape region, ensuring this year’s event will be the start of an annual celebration that will become the most eagerly anticipated culinary occasion of the year” says Taste Marketing Manager, Lucy Tully. “We have set to capture and showcase the outstanding passion for good food, the exquisite and varied expanse of coastal cuisine as well as the rustic delights of small inland towns, to provide a delectable offering that is unique to the city and local region.”
• Tickets are available at www.itickets.co.za
• For more information visit www.tasteofpe.com
• Tickets are priced from R60 and include a tasting glass.
• CROWNS are the festival currency used at Taste Festivals to purchase food and drinks from the restaurants, bars and exhibitors. CROWNS can be pre-purchased with Premium or Taste Clubhouse tickets. CROWNS can also be purchased using cash or credit card at the event from the Taste Bank or from roaming Crown Sellers dressed in pink. Each Crown is worth R5 and prices range from 4 to 8 CROWNS per dish. Change is offered in CROWNS only
• Booking is recommended.
• Follow @TasteOfPE on twitter or like facebook.com/TasteofPE for regular updates.
• Friday 6th November: 18h00- 22h00
• Saturday 7th November: 12h30- 16h30; 18h00- 22h00
• Sunday 8th November: 12h00- 17h00